Implement default reviewers for code review
Currently it puts as a reviewer the owner of the repo. I don't know if there's an alternate way, but in case of RCE is Johannes, so every time we create a new PR, he will be selected even though most of the cases it will be some other member who will review it.
I propose we use this behavior only as a fallback and add an option to the repo to select the default reviewers. That way, we could even let the field blank and it will force the user to select a reviewer or something like that. The consequences still must be discussed.
#4 Updated by Marcin Kuzminski [staff] about 3 years ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
This feature is about creating a special default reviewers implementation for repositories. It should replace the hacky rcextensiosn default reviewers module. Some specs:
- ability to define groups/users that are added as default reviewers to each PR of particular repo
- ability to mark that creator of PR cannot be the reviewer (common criteria requirement)
- ability to specify random pool of reviewers and pick N to review
- ability to propose reviewers based on annotation of code changes (similar to how https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot works)
- ideally it could be great to define "patterns" to reviewers. If i specify file pattern, then a change file matching the patterns would pick X users. There could be file, target-branch patterns at the beginnig.
#8 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
pullrequest created, https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/pull-request/2663, (status: under_review)
#9 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
pullrequest created, https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ee/pull-request/2664, (status: under_review)
#12 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Commit 2b291e954c85 by Daniel Dourvaris email@example.com on default branch changed this issue. https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ee/changeset/2b291e954c85c62031900b52508f43248ad812c6
#13 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
pullrequest merged by marcink (status: approved). https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ee/pull-request/2664
#14 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
Commit 618c046dee2a by Daniel Dourvaris firstname.lastname@example.org on default branch references this issue. https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/changeset/618c046dee2a4b0e438795ca14090cc769b93b6c
#15 Updated by Redmine Integration almost 3 years ago
pullrequest merged by marcink (status: approved). https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/pull-request/2663