Integrations: add send-email integration
Basically similar to slack/hipchat but sending an email to list of recipients from given input field. A lot of people wanted to do this via rcextensions
#2 Updated by Marcin Kuzminski [CTO] over 4 years ago
You don't get notifications for pushes for example.
- you might want to have an external email that aggregates those events
- a lot of people not using slack, want a channel to catch push events, and read commits (Kallithea has this done manually for they mailing list for example, they push commits to mailing list email)
- we could use our email backend, and our nice email, just put the formatted body like we do for slack/hipchat for example
#3 Updated by Redmine Integration over 4 years ago
pullrequest created, https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/pull-request/2554, (status: under_review)
#5 Updated by Daniel D over 4 years ago
I wonder if maybe the right thing to do is make real notifications on push.
Make it optional setting, turned off by default
This way you could fine tune which repos emails get send for - eg. make a special user with read access to X repos that they want to receive emails for.
#7 Updated by Daniel D over 4 years ago
- Make push events send notifications (+ email)
- Add ui setting to users to select if they want to receive push events, make it false by default.
Then if someone wants to create a 'send-email' integration - it would be:
- create a new user, eg 'push-logs-user'
- make his email 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- select 'push events' in user's notification settings
- give him read perms to repos wanted to get logs for
#8 Updated by Redmine Integration over 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
#9 Updated by Redmine Integration over 4 years ago
pullrequest merged, https://internal-code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-ce/pull-request/2554, (status: approved)