Allow Specifying the Commit Message for Pull Request Merges
[tenderapp] report: https://rhodecode.tenderapp.com/help/discussions/suggestions/426
We have a team (using Git) that would like to be able to specify the message for merge commits created from a server side merge of a pull request. This is mainly to include the issue tracking number in the message so it can more easily be traced.
Would it be useful that the commit message would be taken from the comment box when you use the merge button ?
As long as it's clear to a user that the comment box is going to be used. In 3.5 at least, the two don't really look connected in the UI.
- Target version set to v4.4
This was also requested by Merl.
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Target version changed from v4.4 to v4.5
- Target version changed from v4.5 to v4.6
- Target version changed from v4.6 to v4.7
- Target version changed from v4.7 to v4.8
- Target version changed from v4.8 to v4.10
- Target version changed from v4.10 to v4.11
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Bumping the priority on this one.
- Target version changed from v4.11 to v4.12
- Target version changed from v4.12 to v4.13
Also available in: Atom